There are a number of different categories of membership, designed to suit your needs. The following are current for the year 2016-17.
- If you are a general enthusiast or a new professional - Ordinary Membership is likely to be the best for you.
- If you have a specialist interest - be it land, air, sea or space then Associate Membership may be better suited to your needs.
- If you are a professional navigator, or have worked in the navigation industry for some years then you may like to apply for Associate Fellowship.
- If you are a commercial organisation, then Corporate Membership gives you unique benefits - including a 10% discount on all your Navigation News and website advertising.
If none of these suit your needs or you would like to discuss your options further please contact the Membership Secretary.
Please note: there is a £7 surcharge for membership fees NOT paid by Direct Debit.
For Ordinary Membership, all you need is an interest in navigation, be it amateur or professional - no professional qualifications are necessary - and to be over 21.
Ordinary Membership entitles you to:
- Receive Navigation News, our bimonthly magazine
- Receive The Journal of Navigation, our world-leading peer-reviewed Journal
- Become a member of a local Branch (automatic on joining if there's a Branch near you)
- Become a member of our Special Interest Group
- Special members' discounts on our incredible - and increasing - range of conferences
- The opportunity to network with the navigation community at special events
- The opportunity to vote in the RIN's AGM, stand for office and make your voice heard.
Annual Subscription: £136 Join Now
AFRIN (Associate Fellow) Membership
For AFRIN Membership you need a professional involvement with navigation, or to have obtained a high level of professional achievement or experience in the advancement of navigation operations, concepts or equipment for a minimum of 10 years. To apply, just complete the online application and send it to the Membership Secretary along with a current CV. Upon receipt of your application it will be submitted to our Professional Awards Panel for consideration.
Annual Subscription: £157 Join Now
This is a kind of stripped-down membership, that carries most of the advantages of Ordinary Membership, but does not include receipt of the Journal of Navigation, and entitles the Member to join only one Special Interest Group. In addition, Associate Members may not vote or hold office within the RIN.
Annual Subscription: £61 Join Now
For full time students under 25 who have an interest in navigation
Annual Subscription: £20 Join Now
Junior Associate Membership (for under-18s)
This is an Associate Membership for younger people.
Annual Subscription: £10 Join Now
Corporate Membership is open to all commercial organisations in the navigation industry with ten or more full-time staff directly involved in the business of navigation, or with an annual turnover of more than £10M. It includes a range of benefits including reduced rates at RIN exhibitions, competitive deals on sponsorship of events, discounted delegate places at RIN conferences and other events, and a 10% discount on all advertising in Navigation News and on the RIN website.
Annual Subscription: £1,212 Join Now
Small Business Membership
Small Corporate Membership is open to all commercial organisations in the navigation industry with nine or fewer full-time staff directly involved in the business of navigation, or an annual turnover of less than £10M. It includes a range of benefits including reduced rates at RIN exhibitions, competitive deals on sponsorship of events, discounted delegate places at RIN conferences and other events, and a 10% discount on all advertising in Navigation News and on the RIN website.
Annual Subscription: £606 Join Now
Affiliate College or University status is open to educational establishments focusing on the teaching of navigational disciplines.
Annual Subscription: £180 Join Now
This is a form of Membership open to clubs in which navigation plays a key role - eg sailing or flying clubs.
Annual Subscription: £136 Join Now
Affiliate Membership is open to non-commercial or charitable organisations in the navigation industry. To become an Affiliate Member, contact email@example.com.